sábado, 10 de mayo de 2008

No tengo dinero o Marmite pero muchas cucharachas

...and as anyone that knows me well, this means crisis.

The money thing´s a right pain in the arse - despite numerous emails to the letting agent my rent is 3 weeks late. So I´m in South America with an empty bank account and a flat which, despite an attempt at fumigation by a man who really looked like he spends too long with cockroaches, is full of them.

I´m a nervous wreck before getting the cereal out of the food cupboard, putting shoes on or going to the bathroom - actually to be honest, all the time. I am convinced they´re out to get me and there´s nothing I can do about it.

Worse still, I´ve run out of Marmite. I´ve posted pleas on a Buenos Aires expat site asking where I can get some and some kind soul has responded with a recipe to make my own with brewers yeast and soy sauce. Hmmmmm.

Thankfully, the Spanish course is getting better so we´ve found ourselves getting a crammed tube to Uni every morning and coming home with homework. Am looking forward to the day when I don´t have to say ´Lo siento, no comprendo. Soy Inglesa y no hablo Espanol´ every time someone tries to communicate!

In an attempt to do something about our rapidly increasing waistlines, we´ve got health club membership so feel very much like card-carrying BA citizens with our daily routine. Just as well as we´re fast discovering that Buenos Aires lives by night. People don´t go out till 11pm and don´t have to be 22 to stay out till breakfast.

Swimming today, I decided that Sare and I would award each other ´Bimbo points´ to whoever performs the most brainless act of the day. Today´s point goes to Sare for losing her locker key in the deep end!

No hay comentarios: