jueves, 18 de diciembre de 2008

Tim and Tam arrive in Patagonia...

I removed the remains of my French manicure this morning on arrival in Puerto Madryn, Patagonia.

I had pretty toes all the way through Bolivia, where in contrast to life in Cartegena, posh toes are totally incongruous. It`s a tough country

I`m glad I was with my lovely friends from Brighton, Kath and Tim....but Bolivia surprised me in many ways i.e I survived the altitude without much problem, didn`t get sick as everyone seems to and the landscape was out of this world. Literally.
But we did experience wanna-be bag thieves on rickety buses (fixed with Sellotape and smelling of wee) narrowly missing an upturned truck and getting stuck in a roadblock...
We visited the infamous San Pedro prison, La Paz, where the prisoners tried to sell us cocaine and afterwards, spent 4 days in a Landrover with a throat full of dust, exploring the desert, salt plains and rainbow mountains. Red, white and turquoise lagoons, peppered with hundreds of pink flamingoes. Incredible. Stayed in ramshackle houses in the middle of the desert and a hotel entirely constructed of salt too (we even licked the walls to prove it!)
It`s wonderful to be back in Argentina now though. Massive contrast, after the raw craziness of Bolivia. Loving the Argentine people and their fabulous wine. After not being able to drink more than one beer without falling asleep for three weeks, we have made up for lost time. In Mendoza we were wine tasting in the countryside by 10.30 am!

My friends left for Chile and I made a brief stop in sizzling Buenos Aires, where unlike the first visit, I was able to meet loads of people and experience some of the city´s relentless nightlife. There I met a boy called Tim and we decided to get the overnight bus which arrived this morning...

No hay comentarios: